This morning started off with steam coming out of my ears. It’s been a really busy week, plus I somehow threw out my back on Sunday. Just today I can finally look side to side … Continue reading → Read More
- Some people's ads
- "For Better or For Worse'
Today’s posting was submitted by Heather Rodriguez, a social worker with a local agency. She’s a mom and works full-time outside the home, so I appreciate the time it took her to put this together. … Continue reading → Read More
- Company holiday parties — ka-ching or not so much?
- She'd like this carried on the wind to Mr. Obama
Look, I overreacted. It happens. Still, it was an egregious miscalculation on my husband’s part. He knows that now, having been schooled in a rather dramatic way. Those of you who read my stuff know … Continue reading → Read More
- Daphne and me: A meeting of minds
- Me and Meryl Streep
What I said in the newspaper last week: Readers, do you know what time it is? It’s time for another chat with eldest daughter, known best as MacMama. Me: In June, the MacFamily departed Seattle, … Continue reading → Read More
- Dear son — this isn't really the party I was going to throw you
- Red Dog is roaming. Help him.
the other day. We were on a mission to grab some staples to shore up the laundry supplies and paper products at our house. Going to Boxmart is on par with driving 13 miles to … Continue reading → Read More
- Shoppers to sheet makers: WAKE UP!
- YOU CANNOT MAKE US WEAR THOSE.
What I said in the newspaper last week: Plight of Red Dog drives would-be rescuer ‘crazy’ Polly called. She rarely does, so when it happens, I listen. She hated to ask a favor, she said, … Continue reading → Read More
- Meet Maddie. And remember this when she's famous
- Cruise update, otherwise known as a rant